In commercial real estate today, you must find the time to sell. You are the only person that can make that time for prospecting, finding your listings, and converting commissions. The right choices can take you to the top of your market. Poor choices will leave you around the bottom of the industry. Here are some tips from our Newsletter.
Most salespeople in commercial real estate agency struggle with daily things and the time to do them. The fact is they do not have the long term focus or action plan to take them to the top of their market. We all have choices and we need to make the right choices. It is a daily process in our industry.
It would be unusual if you did not have challenges with this. We all have to start somewhere when it comes to our career in commercial property. The fact of the matter is that you can really take charge of things and grow your market share and commissions at any time regardless of the conditions of the economy and the local area.
It all comes down to directed effort. There are always buyers and tenants to find and talk to. There are hundreds of businesses and local property investors out there; some are more successful than others, so you just need to progressively build a prospecting model that finds the right people.
So let’s go back to the issue of time and how you can find more of it to do the right things. Here are a few ideas to help you.
- Get help from a secretary or support person in your office. Some of the mundane tasks that are administrative should be passed on to others that can process the issue for you.
- Delegate time in your diary to do the paperwork. The best time to do paperwork is at the end of the day when you have completed the more important tasks.
- Prospecting has to be the number one item in your diary every day. Most top agents will prospect first thing every day. Do not put off the process. Get into it at the start of every day.
- Don’t go to meetings unless you know the benefit of the meeting is relevant to you and your results. Ordinary office and team meetings should be moved to the end of the day where time is less important. There are far too many unnecessary meetings in our real estate working week. If you must go to a meeting make it short and direct. Meetings should not go over 1 hour in duration.
- Categorise your tasks to 1, 2, and 3 priorities. Items with a 1 priority have to be done every day. The others are things that can wait. Items with a 3 priority can even be dropped if you cannot get to them.
- Set up some goals that are important to your future. We hear this said so many times. The fact of the matter is that goals help you focus on the most important tasks that will impact your commercial real estate business and results.
We all have choices in our property business and local property market. The important thing is that we make the right choices and we stick to a plan of action that can take us towards our goals. Next year can be a great year if you make the right choices today and take the action that those choices require.