In commercial real estate brokerage, it is easy to get diverted away from the things that really matter. Many clients and prospects will be seeking a slice of your time with inquiries, listings, negotiations, marketing, and inspections.
Somewhere in a busy working day you really must keep some of the available time preserved for sales activities. By that I mean the core issues that bring you business such as this short but very important focus list:
- Reaching out to new people who could need property help in the future
- Building relationships with qualified people in local property
- Providing local information that is useful and relevant
- Marketing properties in the right way
- Taking inquiries about properties
- Holding inspections with the people that can complete a transaction
- Negotiating on the deals that have potential and movement
- Establishing the momentum of a property negotiation
- Connecting with your clients as they move through the property momentum
So let’s simplify this list. I have broken all of these things down to 3 important matters. Here is a sales tip in brokerage for you to put on your desk or near your ‘work-zone’.