Today we have many types of commercial and retail properties to advertise. As part of that process, we have a limited amount of people that can act on the sale or lease as buyers or tenants. So mixing and matching properties to people becomes a big part of your real estate day. How are you promoting your listings now? Can you do more with what you have? Think about your target market segments and just how you are reaching out to them with each listing.
On that basis, every property has to be optimized for advertising and marketing. Generating inquiry from your marketing and then converting the inquiry to a realistic offer is really important.
Where Are The Real Estate People?
When the property market slows or gets tougher, the buyers and tenants are still out there, it’s just that they are slower to react and have a set of criteria that must be satisfied before they sign up on the property.
This is where we as agents and salespeople can bring real expertise to the client and help move that property faster given all of the prevailing market conditions. Your services are of value to the clients that you serve. Remember that as you talk to ever more people.
We should market ourselves as the experts that can bring in the results. Our listing presentations and sales pitch should be built around those facts and show the client exactly how we can solve the property problems quickly and effectively. Experience really matters today when it comes to moving property for a client.
What Are The Property Marketing Issues?
So the concerns to be satisfied in marketing commercial or retail property today should include:
- Attracting the target market that will pay the best price or give the best rent for the property
- Motivating the buyers and tenants to call you and arrange to look at the property in an inspection on site
- Encouraging offers for the property, either for sale or lease as the case may be
Advertising of property today has to be quite specific and well planned. Every dollar spent on advertising should be part of a specifically designed marketing campaign that is attracting the right people to the property given the location, improvements, and the range of asking price or rent.
The Property Advertising Rules
To do this effectively advertising strategies can be designed for your location and property type. Here are some ideas to help:
- LOCAL AREA FOCUS: Most inquiries on advertising a commercial property come from the local area. A significant part of your budget and campaign should be devoted to the local businesses in the general location. It is best to contact local businesses personally as part of that process.
- INVESTORS ARE VALUABLE: Property investors are a good source of activity when it comes to selling a property. Review your database from previous campaigns to revisit people that did not make an offer or who were unsuccessful.
- DAYS OF THE WEEK: In a standard business week, the bulk of property inquiry comes in between the days of Wednesday to Saturday. Most of your marketing should be dedicated to these days of the week.
- GET PERSONALLY INVOLVED: Personal contact remains the most important component of property marketing today. If you have listings in your books, then you have a reason to talk to people. Every day you should devote a part of your day to doing just that.
- LOCATION-BASED CONTACT: Canvass the local streets around every listing personally. Do this to discuss property activity and to spread the word about your listings. It is remarkable just how many opportunities you can find when you do this. Condition your clients with local market evidence.
Today you must advertise any property listing comprehensively. This can and only should be done with those clients that give you an exclusive listing. On that basis, you can devote the time to the marketing process and generate the right type of inquiry. Vendor paid marketing funds are part of that process.
If a client gives you an ‘open listing’ that is listed with all agents in the local area, the process of marketing should only be random until you find the right type of inquiry.
Commercial Real Estate Marketing Podcast
In today’s podcast, you can learn how to refine and improve your marketing processes directly in your area and within your property types. You can build your business faster with these marketing tips. Engage with your audience and the prospects and clients accordingly.
The marketing process in commercial real estate today offers plenty of opportunities and comprehensive canvassing situations across all property types, media channels, and listing types.
Where can you start marketing today? There are plenty of things that you can do to boost your enquiry results when it comes to your commercial real estate brokerage activities and your targeted listings. In the podcast today, we share proven and specific ideas relating to the marketing both of commercial property listings and for yourself as a real estate expert in your location.
Boost Your Marketing This Way
Take these ideas and boost your marketing activities within your segments, your territory, and within your property specialisation. Use these ideas to engage with more people each day. Make it a target of each working day to talk to more new people and spread the word regards your quality listings in the location. New listings create conversations, and on that basis, you can develop your market share quite quickly.
The Commercial Real Estate Podcast Show
In the first part of the podcast program, we cover off on some advertising and marketing strategies that can always improve with every listing. Look at how you can enhance the promotional processes for all your good quality listings. Get the message out in the local area and across the targeted audiences of business types, tenants, and landlords.
In the second part of the program, we share some concentrated marketing efforts that can apply to your location and with your specific listings. Remember that exclusivity is so important when it comes to marketing commercial real estate today. Reach out to new people each day when it comes to your property listings and your professional Commercial Real Estate Services.
Here is the podcast.