Why should the client or prospect choose your Commercial Real Estate Agency above and beyond that of other real estate agents in the local area? It is an interesting question. Many agents struggle with the answer.
As a case in point, let’s raise the question now. You may also like to consider the question yourself or put it on the table for debate in a sales team meeting.
So the question is this:
‘Why should the client choose your Real Estate Agency to sell, lease, or manage their property?’
In answering the question you must give reasons as to why you and or your agency are relevant and the best choice to help the client.
Having raised the question many times over the years and with many agents, the following summarises most of the answers that I get.
- We are the best agency in the area.
- We have great people that really know what they are doing.
- We have done all the deals locally.
- We have been in the town (city) for many years.
- We are successful at what we do.
- We are top performing agents in the local area.
- We know the property market and how it will impact your property.
- We have the contacts that want your property today.
- We know how to move this property quickly.
- We have the best marketing record when it comes to reaching the target market.
I am sure that you have heard many variations of these responses over the years. The fact of the matter is that all of these replies do nothing for the client or prospect. Every agent will use these comments generically.
If you are going to say anything like the comments in this list, you must drill down to the facts that support the statement. Without the facts, the statement is worthless.
As a case in point, if you use the statement, ‘We are the best agency in the area’, you must prove it with real and relevant facts that mean something to the client. Here are some additional facts that can be added to the initial statement to give it relevance:
- In 2012 we sold 15 properties just like this one. The closest of those properties to yours are located at ‘X’ and ‘Y’.
- The time on market factors with all of our listings is low. We know that our averages are better than the competition agents and properties. Over 2 years our time on market for selling and leasing is 25% less than that of our competitors.
- We have a database containing 5,000 local business owners and investors that have been qualified for ongoing contact when properties of this type become available.
Notice how all of the extra statements give valuable information and focus to the client. They now cannot help but be interested in considering your agency more in the final listing appointment.