In commercial real estate brokerage you will need some good marketing material to help support your regular prospecting and client contact strategies. You certainly do not need a lot of promotional material but you should have some that you can use quickly and effectively; your business card is perhaps the most relevant and useful business tool you have.
Consider these questions:
- So how can you package your services?
- What are clients looking for when it comes to support in commercial or investment real estate
- How can you stand out as a specialist in the local area and the ‘go to’ agent of choice?
- Will you need to cover sales, leasing, and property management as part of your service offering?
- Do you have the right skills and people in your team to capture and service high quality clients?
- How often do you connect with your prospects and clients now?
- What valuable information can you provide to the prospects in the market that will help you obtain more listings and new business into the future?
They are all valid questions to ask yourself, and in doing so apply to the marketing process you adopt in property and personal promotion activities. On a regular basis you will need to be tapping into your target audience and spreading the word regards your brokerage and business skills.
The whole point of marketing commercial brokerage services is to connect with the right people and to be remembered when those people get to the point of requiring property help. It can take months if not years before a business owner or property investor is ready to take action in a property matter.
The best marketing tools to use in property agent promotion are a combination of:
- Internet listings
- Local flyers and brochures
- Business cards
- Newspaper advertisements
- Direct cold calls
- Social media
- Direct Mail
- Current listings
- Success letters and ‘just listed’ letters
On a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the best outcome, how do you use and rate these marketing tools now? Perhaps there are some that you could use more effectively?