In leasing commercial property today, you have two directions in which you can head. You can just lease the vacancy, or you can lease the vacancy considering the overall property and the existing tenant mix.
The latter is preferable because you can optimize the asset performance for the landlord from those activities. You can also generate more leasing fees for yourself.
So the idea in a tenant mix service and analysis is that you can select tenants for filling a vacancy based on these things:
- The design of the property
- The existing lease profiles
- Upcoming expiry dates and options in the property
- The tenants in the property now
- The investment targets of the landlord
- The prevailing market circumstances
- The structure of the lease to be used
- The type of tenant and their business focus
- The competing properties in the location
- Existing market rents
The good thing with all of this is that a tenant mix service for landlords will become a valuable part of your leasing services. So, you are not just leasing one premise but you are looking at the entire asset and the tenants in location. Choose the best tenants for the existing vacancy. In the podcast, we talk about that and how you can develop the idea in your retail and commercial real estate leasing business.