Quite often today I see a commercial real estate brokers overlooking the value of their database. They forget about contacting the clients and prospects that they have previously connected with. Given that our industry is based on relationships and networking, the client contact process is quite important to growth of market share.
There are many types of clients to work for today. You can formulate a contact strategy for each type of client. Consider this list:
- Property Investors
- Business owners
- Property Developers
- Franchise groups
So now ask yourself the question, ‘Why would they want you to help them on property matters?’
Let’s say that you want to focus on property investors as a definite part of your market share. There are certain points of focus that you can help with. The more specific you are in the process the better it is for you. Try this list for starters:
- Looking for new land for a fresh property development
- Sourcing a different property for balancing the investment portfolio
- Diversifying the property portfolio
- Providing renovation or refurbishment solutions to improve property value and rental growth
- Solving vacancy factors that could have an impact on upcoming vacant tenancies
- Marketing a difficult property
- Selling a property off-market
- Boosting the property valuation by lifting income and tenant occupancy
If you were to help in any of these ways, do you have specific marketing material and strategies that you could talk about with a client? Relevance is the key to winning the business with a new client today. How relevant are you?
Experiments in marketing are not part of our industry. Specific solutions are critical to solving a property issue for new clients and prospects. You can take any property need or challenge and do something with it. Most of the top agents and brokers are quite inventive when it comes to reaching a target market in an efficient way.