In this online world of real estate marketing, informational articles are very powerful tools to help you grow online presence, attract the search engines, and help your prospects and clients with local market information. Activity and regularity are parts of the process in making this a valuable part of your real estate business.
Every brokerage and each agent should be using informational articles as part of a marketing strategy at a personal level. The articles can be used in a number of ways. Here are some tips to help you get the process underway:
- Regularity is a critical part of getting this strategy underway. The articles that you write should be regularly created and loaded to your portals. To get started and comfortable with the process, write 2 or 3 articles per week about your property type and your local town or city. The articles should be valuable information to people who need to know more about the property type in your location.
- It is easy to create information in this way when you choose a topic and create four or five dot points to support the topic. You then simply build sentences within and around each of the dot points. You can then ‘top and tail’ the dot points with a few sentences that open up the article on the point or information. A similar rule applies at the end of the article as a close or a conclusion.
- The articles need to be about 400 or 500 words long and should feature property information about your local area, town, city, and property type. In this way the words used will help direct people to your website or whatever portal you load the article. Search engines love information and content. That is why local information is so important.
- Over time you will get more proficient in the article creation process. It takes about 25 minutes to push out an article of the required length and quality. You will have plenty of local property information to use; capture your thoughts on topics and issues in a simple notebook during the day. At the end of the day and before you retire it is very easy to put together a fresh article on relevant information for property people.
- Structure your article for ease of reading. Most adults will ‘scan’ something before they read it. On that basis the topic headline should be carefully selected; use the local newspaper or the internet news sites to help you with how headlines are constructed. Beyond the headline you can have the series of simple ‘dot points’ that take readers to the critical parts of your article.
- At the end of the article place a link to your website, or provide contact information so people can find you for any property questions or information that they may need.
Given all of these things, your quality articles can be linked into from your newsletters and emails. Have something to say that will help your property contacts and clients. If you have the skills of a business writer or marketer, use those skills proficiently and directly in commercial real estate brokerage. This simple process will help your online presence and profile as a real estate agent.